Randy was made a partner at KBG in 2017. Randy attended University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, graduating with a degree in Political Science. He completed law school at DePaul University and was admitted to the Illinois bar. While at DePaul, Randy received the CALI Excellence for the Future Award for academic achievement in Legal Writing. He is a member of the Chicago Bar Association and the Illinois State Bar Association.
Prior to joining KBG, Randy was a partner at a prominent workers compensation defense firm in Chicago. Randy has argued in front of the Appellate Courts in Springfield and Chicago, and uses his litigation skills and extensive knowledge of the Workers’ Compensation Act to defend the rights of the injured worker.
Randy grew up in the southwest suburbs, the son of a police officer and a trucking company dispatcher. He currently lives in the western suburbs with his wife and two daughters.
Contact Randy via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at (312) 726-5567.
Some of Randy’s Significant Settlements and Awards (since 2015 only):
- 14 WC 26023 — $500,000.00 total settlement for a teacher who sustained a left ankle dislocation with subsequent complex regional pain syndrome.
- 15 WC 23994 — $400,000.00 total settlement for a union electrician who underwent left shoulder and wrist surgeries and received permanent restrictions.
- 13 WC 36668 — $308,293.81 total settlement for a union electrician who sustained right ankle and foot injuries resulting in permanent restrictions. The insurance company disputed the restrictions but ultimately settled on the day of trial.
- 14 WC 40938 — $300,000.00 total settlement for a union laborer with a left thumb fracture and restricted gripping and grasping.
- 16 WC 16586 — $280,000.00 total settlement for a union laborer who sustained a left wrist fracture and ultimately received permanent restrictions from the treating physician.
- 14 WC 62864 – $199,900.00 settlement for a truck driver with a knee injury preventing return to pre-injury work.
- 15 WC 37248 – $195,951.25 settlement for a fire department chief who sustained significant lumbar spine injuries necessitating two surgeries and permanent restrictions.
- 15 WC 4502 – $190,000.00 settlement for a beer distributor truck driver with right shoulder restrictions as result of lifting injury.
- 13 WC 34637 – $180,000.00 settlement for a beverage merchandizer who sustained a knee injury with surgery that resulted in permanent lifting restrictions.
- 14 WC 17919 – $180,000.00 settlement for a nurse who underwent a lumbar fusion and could not return to pre-injury job duties.
- 08 WC 24635 – $175,831.86 awarded at arbitration for a county correctional officer injured in an inmate attack. The officer sustained injuries to the head, face, left knee, right elbow, cervical spine, lumbar spine. He returned to work in a light duty position.
- 09 WC 46539 – $175,000.00 settlement with retention of future medical rights for a rehabilitation assistant who sustained an injury to the low back when lifting a patient.
- 14 WC 30507 – $175,000.00 settlement for a beverage merchandizer who sustained a wrist injury and disputed future earning capacity.
- 14 WC 29824 – $175,000.00 settlement plus funding of a Medicare Set-aside for a county school district employee who sustained a low back injury which required significant surgery.
- 14 WC 0066 – $166,000.00 settlement plus funding of $96,386.36 Medicare Set-aside for a medical office employee who sustained a shoulder injury with surgery and subsequent lifting restrictions.
- 14 WC 30506 – $150,000.00 settlement for a union electrician with a left wrist injury which impacted ability to find consistent work.
- 15 WC 25391 – $147,074.00 settlement for a police officer who underwent a total knee replacement as result of restraining a suspect.
- 14 WC 33807 – $147,074.00 settlement for a police officer who sustained an injury to his shoulder while restraining an intoxicated suspect.
- 13 WC 2737 – $120,029.04 arbitration award for a facilities manager who sustained a left knee injury and resulting complex regional pain syndrome.
- 13 WC 25578 – $108,616.50 settlement for a school district engineer who injured his shoulder when cutting down a fallen tree.
- 14 WC 15752 and 14 WC 32143 – $100,000.00 settlement for a nurse who sustained injuries to both shoulders with surgery.
- 15 WC 28677 – $99,000.00 settlement for a City of Chicago Streets and Sanitation employee who sustained low back and hip injuries.
Randall W. Sladek
Phone : (312) 726-5567
Email : email@example.com