What are the most common job-related injuries?
In any industry, workers face the possibility of workplace accidents and injuries, especially when employers ignore safety precautions. Employers must provide safe and conducive work environments for their employees. Various regulatory bodies like the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) are keen on ensuring employees are safe.
The most common workplace injuries are associated with:
– Bodily reaction and overexertion: It is the leading cause of accidents in the workplace. It can be caused by lifting, pulling, and carrying work equipment or material. Overexertion injuries cause muscle strain. Individuals who conduct repetitive manual tasks over a long time with no breaks can experience overexertion.
– Slips, trips, and falls: Agriculture workers were added to warehouse and transportation employees as being most at risk for these accidents, with strains, sprains, and tears being the most common injuries.
– Falling objects injuries: High-risk industries have a higher probability of accidents from falling objects such as debris, poorly stacked loads, or poor handling of machinery. Injuries from falling objects can cause fractures, head injuries, or blindness.
– Contact with equipment and other objects: Construction, transportation, and warehouse employees were most affected by this kind of accident, which most commonly causes punctures, cuts, and lacerations.
If you have suffered an injury at work, we recommend the following steps:
1. Obtain first aid or any other necessary medical treatment as soon as possible.
2. Notify your employer about the injury and the way in which it occurred, as soon as possible.
3. Call Krol, Bongiorno & Given. Once you have received necessary emergency medical treatment, your next step is to call an experienced workers’ compensation attorney.
Finding an experienced work accident attorney is crucial when trying to seek compensation so that you can make sure that your rights are fully protected. While we are one of the largest firms in Illinois dedicated solely to the representation of injured workers, we pride ourselves on the personal, one-on-one approach we deliver to each client. For immediate help with a work injury case, call (312) 726-5567 for a free consultation or contact us online.